Attending Winemaker: Pierre Meurgey
Founded in 1720 by Edme Champy, Maison Champy (formerly Champy Père et Cie) was the first négociant established in Burgundy. Some of its cellars in Beaune date back to the 15th century. Acquired in 1990 by Henri and Pierre Meurgey, Champy still has long-term relations with winegrowers from whom it purchases wines as a négociant, but due to recent vineyard acquisitions, has shifted the majority of its production from négociant wines to more than two-thirds estate-owned. The Maison emphasizes typicity and balance. Winemaking techniques are adapted to suit the vintage, the nature of the grapes and the characteristics of the area of origin. Today, Champy offers a wide range of well-priced and well-made wines. All of Champy’s vines are farmed biodynamically.
A selection of signature appellations:
Beaune Champs-Pimont 1er Cru
Pernand-Vergelesses Clos de Bully
Volnay Taillepieds 1er Cru
Corton-Charlemagne Grand Cru