Domaine Marquis d'Angerville
Attending Winemaker: Guillaume d'Angerville
This domaine can trace its roots back to 1507 when its holdings were recognized by royal decree. In 1804, the Baron du Mesnil acquired these vines along with the monopole Clos des Ducs. The baron’s son bequeathed the property in 1888 to his then 15-year-old great-nephew, the Marquis d’Angerville, who later became the grandfather of Guillaume d’Angerville. Guillaume’s father Jacques ran the estate from 1952 until 2003 when his sudden passing made way for Guillaume and his brother-in-law Renaud de Villette, an agronomist who had worked alongside Jacques for fifteen years. The estate was reinvigorated with the addition of viticulturist and winemaker François Duvivier. Among its many accomplishments, Domaine Marquis d’Angerville was one of the first to estate bottle its wine. Guillaume is also the head of Climats de Bourgogne, the organization that successfully lobbied for the vineyards of Burgundy to be recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage Site and which now acts as their steward.
A selection of signature appellations:
Meursault 1er Cru Santenots
Pommard "Les Combes"
Volnay 1er Cru
Volnay 1er Cru Champans
Volnay 1er Cru Frémiets
Volnay 1er Cru Caillerets
Volnay 1er Cru Taillepieds
Volnay 1er Cru Clos des Ducs monopole